Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got to ask what the world record is for the fastest disasembly and reasembly of a pump shotgun? I down to just over 90 seconds to completely filed strip the action then put it back together. So how much faster do I need to get?

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
gee, i don't have to work on mine that often :roll: :lol: :lol: do we all need to chip in to get you a better gun :?: :D :) :lol:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TexasTon said:
gee, i don't have to work on mine that often :roll: :lol: :lol: do we all need to chip in to get you a better gun :?: :D :) :lol:
Har Har..... Actauly It's entertainment. Cable/dsih Cost money. This don't.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Depends on the brand of shotgun. With my BPS if anyone can do it in under 30 minutes they have my admiration. :D :D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Mossberg ain't got a heck of alot to it.

Let's see:

barrel
barrel nut
bolt
bolt slide
forearm
cartridge interrupter.
cartridge stop
fire control group
take down pin
Cartridge elevator.

That's about it.

Here the take down procedure

Remove barrel nut, remove barrel, remove take down pin, remove fire control group, remove cartridge stop and (breath)interuptor, rack forearm to free it from recevier. remove bolt slide, remove bolt, remove elevator.

Reasembly proccess follows:

Replace elevator, replace bolt, replace forearm, replace bolt slide, replace cartridge stop and interruptor, replace fire conrol group,(breath) replace take down pin, replace barrel, replace barrel nut and last but not least take a deep breath because you just completely disassembled and reasssembled a Mosberg 835

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why don't you try taking apart the entire trigger assembly and see if your time is still 90 seconds? No i'm not trying to be mean i'm just adding an extra challenge to your entertainment. :lol:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sir Dyno said:
Why don't you try taking apart the entire trigger assembly and see if your time is still 90 seconds? No i'm not trying to be mean i'm just adding an extra challenge to your entertainment. :lol:
Nah I'll pass.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
shotgun minster said:
My Mossberg ain't got a heck of alot to it.
Could you please put that on a video, and send it to me. Not the 90 second version. :D

I have been hesitant to strip down my 835, ever since I watched a buddy do it. It took him about 20 mins, and had a few problems putting it back togeather. He then stripped down his 870, cleaned it and had it back togeather in about 5 mins.

I figured if I took my 835 apart, I might "never" get it back togeather again.. :oops:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Maybe get someone to stand there in your face yelling at you telling you your to slow, your a #@$%^&*@#, your not good enuf to be in the army/navy/airforce/marines/boyscouts/etc.

Well I think you get the idea, :D

Michael Grace

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Back in 1962, I could field-strip an M1 and put it back together again in 45 seconds - blindfolded!

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Shotgun I can't help on the field stripping thing, but some years ago I saw a chap take the World Record for Miroku Disassembly in a Clays Cage......about a nano second.

He fired his second barrel, and pushed open to top lever at which point the forend hook braze failed completely....he stood there with the forend in one mitt the action in t'other, and the barrels bouncing off his boots.

His vocal reaction ensured he will never go to heaven.

Eug

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can strip and reassemble my 870 in less than 75 seconds. I think I have the record for the fastest time for computer assembly from box cut to power on in one minute fifty one seconds!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
eugene molloy said:
Shotgun I can't help on the field stripping thing, but some years ago I saw a chap take the World Record for Miroku Disassembly in a Clays Cage......about a nano second.

He fired his second barrel, and pushed open to top lever at which point the forend hook braze failed completely....he stood there with the forend in one mitt the action in t'other, and the barrels bouncing off his boots.

His vocal reaction ensured he will never go to heaven.

Eug
:lol: :lol: :lol: Witty, aren't you? :wink:

Best-
Vikram

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would bet that I could have my wifes benelli nova stripped and reassembled in less than 60 seconds if i tried it 3-4 times in a row. that gun is the simplest thing to feild strip that i have ever seen.

-Scott

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
My sister sat in an ant pile in a field once. When those critters started bitin her she had to of set the world record for fastest field strippin. She was completely neekid and in the pond within 14 seconds. Haven you ever been bit by a big red ant? Them suckers hurt!

Bob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts