Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to look for used, inexpensive bolt action guns in 16 or 20 ga. Found 3 in the same shop.
1. Mod 190 16ga

2. Mod 175B 20ga

3. Mod 385KB 20ga

All 3 with C-lect Chokes and Mag.
Minimal experience with shotguns. Reading here, I see shell length varies. I know the guns had shell markings on them, I just didn't look. :cry: If I want to shoot one of these cheaply, which one? Anyone have any opinions on the above? Skip them all? All opinions welcome. I'm here to learn.

Brian

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I'm assuming they were all priced at about $100 or less (this really varies according to region)

I couldn't find info on the 175B but the older 75 series were single shot is this true with the 175's?

The 16 (model 190) would be a great gun to have IF the ammo companies would get off their butts and make a variety of ammo for it. It would be the most expensive to feed. It was made in the late 50's

The 385 KB would be my pick , it's got the 3 inch chamber so you could feed it cheap shells or good strong loads when you are serious. Its got the detachable box mag and was produced between 1960 and 1986.

In my opinion the C-lect choke is a good thing, adds tons of versatility.

Hope this helps you out a little.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marlands, Thanks for the quick reply. The 175b is a bolt action. Thats what I figured about the shells. I knew something would limit me back down to one choice. :p 20ga, here I come.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.