Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a good deal on one. Fits nice but it probably isn't the best gun for skeet. 26" barrel with an English stock. Very light. :?

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... ype_id=055

What do you folks think? Like I said, hell of a deal on it. Plus I have a feeling I'll be dropping down to a 20 before the end of next season.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Gernick said:
Would you use a Browning Superlight feather fer skeet?
Sure, but not as a dedicated skeet gun, and not for any serious competition. With the right, very light loads it should be fun to play with on skeet targets.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
1) WAY too light for skeet. Most serious skeet shooters are shooting guns in the 9.5lb+ range, not a 6lb4oz gun.

2) 26 inch barrels have fallen out of favor with skeet shooters.

3) I don't know of any serious skeet shooter using an english stock. Maybe some low-gun types, but not competitors.

Three reasons not to get this gun, for whatever it's worth :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That'll do folks. I needed someone to talk me down. I knew its too light but she was a purty gun and fit oh so well. :lol:

Still lookin'. :lol:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I use to shoot my Franchi Renaissance Elite 20 @ 5.5 oz for skeet for a little while.
After two or three rounds it felt like someone had scrambled my brains. {CR8
The actual recoil was not really noticeable but the concussive force traveling down the stock and into my head via my jaw bone was the culprit.
I love this gun it points and shoots unbelievably well but I can't use it for serious skeet.
A round or two here and there is okay but anything other than that and we're talking scrambled brains!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been eyeballing the Beretta's. I'd like a Browning but they just don't fit as well as the Beretta's I've tried on.

Right now I'm using a Belgium Auto-5 with I think a full choke. I do pretty good with it but I did better with an older Citori someone let me use. I'm also tired of chasing and hunting for the hulls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts