Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a browning 325,425,525 or 625 with adjustable comb ,ported with 30" barrels. Palm swell would be nice also.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Moffett said:
Looking to buy a browning 325,425,525 or 625 with adjustable comb ,ported with 30" barrels. Palm swell would be nice also.
Moffet, REGARDLESS of what YOU WANT to buy SGW may just be the best place on the planet to post up a WTB ...

Heck, all's I did was mention in another member's o/u "Sold" thread that "my search for" (a particular model) "goes on" and another member PM'ed that a buddy of his may have what I was looking for.

(I don't want to thank him publicly without his okay but let's just say his SGW moniker rhymes with "gunFunner" :lol:

Now, under a LOT of circumstances receiving a PM like that should set off alarm bells and red flag whistles but I could see after checking that this member who PM'ed me is a well established "pillar" of our community.

I am happy to say that after some back n forth with the SGW member's friend (he was in MS and I in WNC land) I *EXPRESS* mailed him a Postal Money Order and a copy of my local FFL's license and he 2-day FedEx'ed his old / my new gun TO MY FFL Dealer.

I am happy to report my first two rounds with it were 23's (I normally shoot 24's like clockwork but woofed low Stn 5 and 7 both rounds, wtf?!!!!!) but I am THRILLED beyond repair the inertia triggers actually work with my go-to 5/8oz 12 ga reloads!!!!!!!!!

I wish you every bit of the success I achieved (gosh, this is like a half dozen or more guns I have purchased - via my local FFL - from other members here on SGW.com !!!! {hs#

READ THIS STICKY FROM THE Classified's FORUM MODERATOR AS YOU ARE VERY LIKELY GONNA RECEIVE SOME PM's of the type you do not want to deal with and you will want to report to the Forum Moderator: https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 9&t=494018

ETA: days after purchasing my new-to-me o/u here on SGW I mailed another Postal Money Order to MD to have a shooter / Seller there send the Ruger LCR 22LR he is selling to my FFL.

I screwed up and did not mail it Express mail - that was on Monday April 26 and now 9 days later the seller STILL HAS NOT RECEIVED MY PAYMENT. :twisted:

Don't make my mistake - DO NOT MAIL ANYTHING like a Money Order "REGULAR" mail or for that matter anything other than Express overnight.

I've pretty much had it with the Post Office at this point and I think I'm just going to start driving the extra 20 minutes to do everything via FedEx.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PJDiesel said:
No interest in a 725?
Does it have adjustable comb and ports? How long is the barrel? I do have two 725's. Can't say enough about the triggers.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PJDiesel said:
Moffett said:
PJDiesel said:
No interest in a 725?
Does it have adjustable comb and ports? How long is the barrel? I do have two 725's. Can't say enough about the triggers.
Non-Adj stock, ported 32's. $1,900 shipped.
I really appreciate the offer but really want an adjustable comb 30". I have a friend looking for one ,I will run it buy him. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
PJDiesel said:
Vette Jockey2 said:
PJDiesel said:
No interest in 725?
Smart man, in my opinion.
Elaborate a little.

I've owned a few 425s and also a 725. I find the overall fit and also trigger of the 725 to be better than that of the older series.
I think they're ugly........at least the earliest ones. I don't like the fish-scale finish on the receiver nor the shape of the forearm. And the trigger that so many laud as a mechanical trigger isn't. It's also proven to be problematic when used with subgauge tubes. No, a 725 would be about the last Citori variant I would want......only a Lightning has less appeal.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Vette Jockey2 said:
PJDiesel said:
Vette Jockey2 said:
PJDiesel said:
No interest in 725?
Smart man, in my opinion.
Elaborate a little.

I've owned a few 425s and also a 725. I find the overall fit and also trigger of the 725 to be better than that of the older series.
I think they're ugly........at least the earliest ones. I don't like the fish-scale finish on the receiver nor the shape of the forearm. And the trigger that so many laud as a mechanical trigger isn't. It's also proven to be problematic when used with subgauge tubes. No, a 725 would be about the last Citori variant I would want......only a Lightning has less appeal.
All duly noted.

Beauty is the in the eye of the beholder I guess.

For those still tuned in to this newly formed internet pissing match, the Browning 725 IS a major improvement in almost all design and function aspects including the factory stock dimensions, palm swell, barrels, trigger, weight distribution and handling.

For those ONLY concerned with how something looks, by all means, get a 25 year old 425 Golden Clays that swings like a block of 4X4 and fits almost exactly no one out of the box, unless you are shooter who likes getting slapped in the cheek bone with an ill fitting O/U.

325/425/525/625s are has beens, hence the reason Browning moved on. You don't see Krieghoff feeling the need to build a K90 do you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts