Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone who has had the standard parcour barrel and gone to the X barrel, know or feel if the X barrel shoots flatter or more of a 50/50 pattern than the standard parcour barrel?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the X, but not a standard parcours to compare to. The X does shoot flat, 50/50.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm a bit confused .
Your stock dimensions/ sight picture determines how high or low the gun shoots in my experience.
The only other thing I can think of that effects things is if the rib is very ramped ( ie lower at the muzzle, high at the receiver) , do this barrels have that kind of rib ?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
blaser f3.. That's point of aim.

Point of impact, is shooting it like a rifle, looking down the rib, and determines if barrel is 50/50::60/40 Etc. . Generally at 16 yards.

·
Registered
450 Posts
chips&clays said:
blaser f3.. That's point of aim.

Point of impact, is shooting it like a rifle, looking down the rib, and determines if barrel is 50/50::60/40 Etc. . Generally at 16 yards.
OK that now makes sense .

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
rfedele said:
https://www.krieghoff.com/firearm/k-80-parcours-x/
Thanks. Is it a safe assumption that the "New Krieghoff Flush mount thin wall chokes" are in fact just the Briley thin walls that have been going in to them since inception?

·
Registered
541 Posts
John Henry said:
rfedele said:
https://www.krieghoff.com/firearm/k-80-parcours-x/
Thanks. Is it a safe assumption that the "New Krieghoff Flush mount thin wall chokes" are in fact just the Briley thin walls that have been going in to them since inception?
Briley S2 VX lead and steel

·
Registered
201 Posts
They have the Briley S2 thread but I believe the chokes are made by kreighoff

·
Registered
541 Posts
rfedele said:
They have the Briley S2 thread but I believe the chokes are made by kreighoff
I'm not sure who makes them. they are labeled Krieghoff, but Briley said the choke I mentioned above will work in the barrel. They are adamant about it being the 'LEAD AND STEEL' CHOKE.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The X is the BEST gun on the course IMO. Mine shoots 60/40 with the comb down flush. Same as the standard Parcours that I sold… Love the X.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts