Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so pleased with my Plus that I am considering buying one as a dedicated target gun?
Will it hold up for tens of thousands of rounds??
I don't want to wear out my hunting guns on targets!

·
Registered
406 Posts
One of the guys I shoot with has a couple of 'em and has had no issues with either one. He shoots about 3-4 hundred rounds a week, I'd guess.

·
Super Moderator
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shot it very well today!
May need a black one as a dedicated target gun.
Almost NO felt recoil!

·
Super Moderator
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shot my new Xtreme Plus at targets yesterday.
Shot it well, cycled 1 oz loads with authority!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
you can't hurt that Xtreme plus, cycle that thing up and send as many rounds as you need too. Most guys don't wear out a hunting gun.........they get new hunting guns because theirs are destroyed from handling and wear and tear, not from high volume shooting.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dr Duk said:
I am so pleased with my Plus that I am considering buying one as a dedicated target gun?
I am not trying to be a wise guy when I ask, if you are considering buying another Xtreme Plus to use as a dedicated target gun, then why not just buy a dedicated target gun? After all, dedicated by definition means to use for no other purpose.

·
Super Moderator
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jpari said:
Dr Duk said:
I am not trying to be a wise guy when I ask, if you are considering buying another Xtreme Plus to use as a dedicated target gun, then why not just buy a dedicated target gun? After all, dedicated by definition means to use for no other purpose.
Thanks for asking!
I have LOTS of target guns.
P guns, K guns, Kolar, 391s, 390, A-400s.
I shotgun the Xtrem Plus BETTER than my target guns!

·
Registered
95 Posts
A shooting buddy was shooting an Extreme Plus for about one year. Had trouble last fall with the plastic magazine tube plunger. Sent it to Beretta in Ontario and they replaced the plunger with a stainless steel version that appears identical to what came on my A400 Xcel Black. Fast forward to this spring and the component that retains the cartridge(s) in the magazine tube failed. He again sent the gun to Beretta for repair. He has received word that they are replacing his entire Extreme Plus, but has yet to receive the replacement. He indicated that round count was about 3,000 target loads...and zero hunting loads of any kind. He doesn't reload and shoots primarily 1 oz 1200 fps Challenger ammo when I shoot with him.

He also likes the fit and feel of Extreme Plus and has won one or two local tournaments in the past year with it...but isn't impressed with the longevity of his first one.

·
Super Moderator
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
claypigeon said:
What do you attribute the better shooting to? Fit, balance, recoil?
Don't know! I just shoot the stepped rib type guns better, today.
Tomorrow??? :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts