Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone looking for one, Gunbrokers has a new Yildiz for sale. $300 now, no reserve.
Looks like an SPZ ME

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm looking but it doesn't look so good.
I'm still out on the market for a gun but I can not find someone to sell me one that looks good and at a reasonable price. It's kinda funny how people list guns on the internet but they do not reply to your inquiries!!!
Pathfnder,
How do you like yours now after your modifications?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I like it fine. Havent got that many shells through it yet but hit what I am looking at some of the time. Gotta fiber optic sight coming that I will put on it just because I personally shoot them better than a plain bead. Might go down to the club this evening and see what happens when its not blowing up a hurricane like the last time. Im experimenting with different 1 oz loads for trap. Probably cant tell the difference in them but did find out last time that my 1 1/8 reloads had better breaks than STS factory at the same speed. I poured the stock full of shot to add some weight for trap. It added a little over 1lb. so will see how that feels this evening. The recoil doesnt really bother me but less is always better.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Pathfdr,

What kind of sight did you get? Also can you tell me how to install those? Do I need a tap to thread the rib?

I've never done it and could use some help here.

Thanks,
Tank

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tank,
The ones that I have seen and used, just snap on the rib.
Chris

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a screw on type competition HiViz. It comes with the correct screws. I was advised against getting the magetic type because they can get knocked off in the brush if you go hunting and also they said that they are not always tight to the rib and sometimes need shimmed etc to keep them from moving around. The magnetic would probably work fine for just trap or skeet but I do hunt with this gun also so didnt want to go with the magnetic one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Chris and Pathfdr,

I feel better already. I don't think that I'm up to tapping my rib. A snap-on or a magnetic job would be better the first time for me.

Do you guys have any particular brand that you would recommend?

What about those "Hi-Viz"? I see 'em in packets at Bass-Pro? Do they have a magnetic or a snap-on kit? (Never really looked at 'em that close.)

Tank

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HiViz does make the magnetic kind. The screw on ones just go on by unscrewing the bead and using that tapped hole. Someone also makes one that sticks on with double sided tape. HiViz was recommended to me as one of the best. Do a search for HiViz shotgun sights and you can see what they have available.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Pathfndr,

Took your advice. I liked what I saw.

I'm going shopping in the morning.

I just love new toys.....He he he.

Tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts