Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at shells at Wal-Mart today. The value pack Winchesters that were selling for $16 something are now $23.88. Earlier this year they were $14 something. I knew the prices would be going up, but I didn't expect that much of a jump. I suppose Feds and Remingtons will be jumping that much as well. This really puts the hurt on. Has anyone else seen this yet?

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I don't buy those "value-packs" 'cause they are rarely a value.
I just purchased some Remington Shur-Shots today for $4.29 per box and if I would have bothered to look I probably could have found some for closer to $3.99.

·
Registered
932 Posts
trackerboy said:
Looked at shells at Wal-Mart today. The value pack Winchesters that were selling for $16 something are now $23.88. Earlier this year they were $14 something. I knew the prices would be going up, but I didn't expect that much of a jump. I suppose Feds and Remingtons will be jumping that much as well. This really puts the hurt on. Has anyone else seen this yet?
The Federal value pack at WalMart is still $16 last I saw. $4 a box for reliable loads - not bad.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Lead was nearly $2.00/lb there a while back. It has fallen to around $1.17/lb, this will help. Many primers are going to the war...

I am hoping the price of shells will come back down as soon as the big manufactures have used up the lead they had to pay dearly for.

bd

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I went by my "favorite" store (wallyworld) yesterday. They were in the process of marking up ALL ammo.

Number 9 Winchester AA 28 HS's went from $8.97 a box to $9.88 a box, plus tax. The girl behind the counter said they weren't through either. The first of the the year they would be marked them up again. :cry:

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Best price at Wal-mart all summer was Federal 1oz game loads for $3.88 a box. Shot them in a pinch and worked well for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.