Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a nice little hunting gun that I don't have to worry about dinging up but is a solid performer in the field. So far Im thinking the CZ Canvas back and the Yildiz SPZ 20g
I handled the Canvas back and it felt good but am unable to shoulder the Yildiz but hear alot of people really like em.
Of the 2 which would you reccommend? I know CZ makes some great rimfire and ceterfire rifles but have no experience with shotguns. Those Yildiz sure look alot better then the CZ's and are about $100 cheaper???
Look forward to hearing some advice from some seasoned shotgunners :D

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I think the quality is pretty much a push; I've owned two of each, and only had problems with one of the Huglu guns - all the problems were repaired to my satisfaction under warranty.

For a hunting gun - I'd pick a Yildiz. Much lighter to carry in the field.
For a light (meaning relatively low use) target gun, the Huglu. More weight = less recoil, which is good when shooting 100 rounds in a relatively short time.
For a heavy-duty (meaning more than low use), I'd save my money and buy a used Browning Citori or SKB. Either will stand up to more use, and can be "rebuilt", should the need arise.

BTW - I still have both Yildiz guns for hunting, but both Huglus have been sold to upgrade; one for a Krieghoff (targets), and the other to finance an RBL (hunting).

·
Registered
472 Posts
You may want to take a look at http://www.cdnninvestments.com. You have to download the catalog to see the firearms. It can take a couple of minutes.

They sell a Traditions / Fausti (Italian Made) 20 ga o/u . I think they are calling it the "Elegent" now but it was "Field II". It's around page 40 - 44, I think. Nice light, little gun. I bought one for my wife to shoot occaisonal skeet. I think the quality is better than the Turkish made guns. It is $489.

At that price I would not cry about scratching the stock while hunting. It did not bother me to put it on the chop saw to cut down the LOP for my wife.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts