Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All--

It's the start of hunting season, I'm going out to pass shoot scoters tomorrow with my buddy, so I'm in a happy mood and I feel like starting what I hope are interesting or humorous threads. Hope you are all in the mood to take part so we can entertain ourselves and cheer each other up.

Ok, if you were a Native American living in, say 1880-1910, what would you like your name to be? Here's my little rule: you have to write at least two choices: one serious, the other laughable or self-mocking. But you can write more if ya feel like it. Also, you can't name yourself a famous name, like "Buffalo Hump" from Larry McMurtry's novels.

My "serious" nickname: "Three Geese," for the ones I just killed the other day. My funny one: "Stuffs Everything Under His Belt," for my eternal battle of the bulge. Or perhaps "Hides from His Wife," since I try to keep the number of shotguns I own a secret. :lol: :lol:

Your turn ... .

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll take a shot at the humorous one. It may be a little long though. Here goes:

"Short fat man that hides from wife in closet and whimpers from 24 years of nagging and never winning an argument".

OK, I'll take a shot at a serious name. It also may be a little long. Here goes:

"Bear in small tree, still hiding from wife, whimpering from 24 years of nagging and never winning an argument".

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahahahah lol, both of you-- good ones :lol: Decided to change my serious one to "Two Rabbits"-- this was the result of my first hunting trip while I was about 10 years old:)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
mine would be "stubborn duck shooter"
I'm there at sun-up and back when its dark.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good one pigeon--the rest of yopu make think I'm an idiot, but this is entertaining ME, at any rate :lol: How about this for a new wrinkle? You can make up a name for another regular on the boards. It can be respectful or--mwuhahahahahaha--mocking :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
ok let me try this

first the serious one crazyhunter well becouse i an a nut

ok now the funny one cant hit a bird got to be because i only got 1 so far

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Himtoowettooswim....knock on wood I havent gone completly under while hunting, only once while fishing but I have seen it happen to others a bunch of times.

3bangsnoducks

swattumswimmin

formal name hewaitsforonemorepastgetsnoducks, nickname:hungry

the dog looses all interest in hunting when a snack is brought out, so he gets: wrapperwrangler or whatcrawledupyourbuttanddied

·
Registered
73 Posts
Call me:

'BucksNoGuts' or '9IronBirdie'

BucksNoGuts - I have yet to commit on a purchase of my first SG. I'm an avid virtual DHer so it could also mean when I miss taking a grand shot at that Trophy Buck.

9IronBirdie - I am on my 2nd season of golfing 'self taught' and I have taken to the game rather well - already shooting an average mid / upper 80s. I'm also very interested in Waterfowling / Upland hunting. I would love to get out an experience the thrill of the hunt. Since I have not yet purchased my first SG yet... this 9IronBirdie is really BucksNoGuts!

lol.

·
Registered
261 Posts
:roll: Hungry Hunter
:wink: Bent Legs
:?: You guess which is funny, which is not. Here is a hint. Both are true.
BTW Jeff, how did you come up with this one? I read you post about me hiding or something. I have been keping a low profile. (Muzzleloader comes in Sat for 2 days.) I have had two young bucks playing around behind my shed. Maybe we will eat this winter. If so I wont be a hungry hunter.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol: great entertainment from all, thanks! Ya BB, just didn't see your posts around and missed ya, bro. It that down home Kentuck wisdom, you know.

I got the idea for the thread from reading novels by Larry McMurtry, especially _Comanche Moon_, with its tales of the great war chief Buffalo Hump, the skillful horse thief Kicking Wolf, the renegade Blue Duck, and the Kickapoo tracker, Famous Shoes :) I grew to love them all and damn near cried when Buffalo Hump passed on. Anyway, I've been in a good mood lately (killed three geese, plenty enough for this old man, and the fishing is still good). Thought it would be fun to have an Indian name of my own and why not invite everyone else? All of 'em have been great!

Good to hear from you, Bent Legs :lol: or should that be, "Hunts When He's Hungry"?
I'd hate to be one of those bucks thats been using around your woods there you old Kentucky. I bet you shoot one dead 8)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Having trouble deciding between 'Long Gun Banging' and 'Treads on twigs a lot'.

Maybe I should just stick with 'should be working'!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Accually I was given an Indian name in highschool. It is kind of funny and kind of not. For years I had the nick name and truck plate "IRONCAT". Here's the tale:
When I played football in highschool I was called Iron Mike (this was before Mike Tyson was found to be an ***). Well a girl I was dating at the time said I was more like a big ***** cat. The DMV wouldn't let me put "IRONPUSSY" on the plate so "IRONCAT" it was.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is absolutely no question whatsoever ... My Indian name would be ...

"Two Dawgs Snoring"

That was taken Saturday evening about 6:30 pm at the motel following a 12 hour hunt on opening day of our waterfowl season. Wife Carol said it was a toss-up between Cappy and me who snored loudest.

A 2nd name? Hmmm. Would have to be ... "Loves his yellar Dawg."

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good ones all, glad to see so many getting into the spirit of the thing. Especially you, Two Dogs Snoring :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.