Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at buying a Z-gun 12ga. 32" barrels anyone have one? like it? hate it? also thinking of picking up a Z-gun 20/28 combo at the same time. Anyone have experiance with these?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I bought a Zoli Kronos in april 2007, I´ve now shot about 30.000 rounds through it and
I couldn´t be happier.
If I ever have the need for another o/u the Z-gun will be at the top of my list with Perazzi,
Kemen and perhaps a Beretta Dt 10.

Mannsi.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nate_Evans said:
Other than the finish, what are the differences between the Kronos and Z-gun? I too, have been tempted by the 20/28 combos.

Nate
according to my rep, and I have reasons ("work" related) to believe him, barrels and action are the same just upgraded wood. I have shot 3 rounds of skeet with a 32" 12ga. (z) and it was nice. Was it P gun nice? pretty close , I haven't tried a kreigohp? No one around here sells them, to cold I think. Ahh but a 32" 20ga niice.

·
Registered
569 Posts
cg,
I own three, 2 z's and a chronos. all great shooters< all very durable. The difference is in the trigger group treated with titanium nitride for ease of cleaning, other than that there are not any differences mechanically.
If you shoot clays, the chronos is great. if you shoot clays and your engraving and wood meke you score better buy a z-gun.
ART

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
cgcox ,

I runinated quite a bit on a P-Gun/K-Gun/Z-Gun purchase .

I deduced that when push came to shove , P-Guns and K-Guns will more than likely hold their values better than a Z-Gun . But the initial difference in the first cost of a Z-Gun is substantially less than the others .

As I got into the "guts" of the P-Gun , I really like their "feel" BUT , when I tried to find one with an external selective trigger and extended choke tubes , the price escallated even more - - - essentially beyond my reach .

When I got into the "guts" of a K-Gun , The price was "up-there" but the gun just didn't fit "ME" --- especially my hands .

When a buddy told me of some Z-Guns that had been made for a new going to capture the market ; but didn't ( a well respected rifle seller/manufacturer bought his inventory ) and he had to"close out" , I DROVE over to Florida to at lease check-out one so I couldn't later say "shame on you" - - should have at least looked .

When I shouldered a 32" "el cheapo" , dropped the trigger group , and then
reinstalled it so easily ; I had to buy one - - - sorta wish I'd have gone bonkers and bought a second one .

I still long for a P-Gun , but when I try to find one with wood as nice as my Z/V-Gun , with an external bbl selestor and with extended choke tubes , the price causes my pacemaker to twitter and I m I seek the comfort of a libation - - - - or two .

So my words of caution are "Do you really NEED a new shooter , do you just WANT a new shooter , and are you a better shooter than the gun you use ?

BUT SHUCKS , LIFE IS JUST SO LONG AND IF YOU CAN AFFORD A NEW'UN ,
GET THE SUCKER - - - IF YOU DON'T SPEND THE MONEY SOMEONE ELSE WILL .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.