Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spotted a used Zabala o/u in very good condition at a local gun store. They're asking $350, not sure about age, model. I'm not familiar with Zabala, however a google search indicated a Spanish company that produces reasonable priced good quality firearms. One source mentioned that the Chas Daley line includes some Zabalas.

Any one have any experience with Zabala?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Jim,

I have one that was a wedding present from my wife. The gun was imported by Richland Arms in 1973. It was serviceable and it fit me really well. It wasn't a high volume gun, though and I soon began having trouble with the firing pins. I had them replaced once and then they kept hanging up in the fully extended position, making the gun fairly impossible to open. Eventually the hole for the firing pins became enlarged, making the gun unreliable. I still have the gun for sentimental reasons, but I think there are better deals out there.

Frank

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I have a Zabala 10 gauge SxS imported by Richland back in the early 70's...Only complaint is that after 30 years whatever 'rubber' mix they used in the buttpad is deteriorated to the point of being solid and compressed in an odd shape...Mechanically sound however...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have the same 10 double. I've used mine for 30 years and the only trouble that I had was to replace the springs. Built like a tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts