Shotgun Forum banner

Texas Gun Ranch - Terrell, Texas

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  huntingjunkie22 
#1 ·
My wife and I like to support sporting clays facilities in Texas that invest time and energy into organizing NSCA tournaments. We did so last weekend in Terrell, Texas, at the Texas Gun Ranch.

The club recently changed hands and is under new management. I cannot speak to previous ownership or their support of shotgunning, but the new owner is investing capital, time and sweat into the club to provide a positive and enjoyable experience.

A private club, Texas Gun Ranch throws one NSCA tourney per month. This past Sunday, the club offered two 100-bird mains (Red and Blue), a 28-gauge overlay (50-targets) on the Red course) and a 50-bird 5-stand. All of the targets were enjoyable. The Blue offered the more challenging of the two main presentations. The really interesting targets were set on 5-stand and particularly on the second set. I'd go so far as to say that the second set could be presented at NSCA Nationals as a FITASC Parcour.

A Jason Deli box lunch was served to the shooters who ate in air-conditioned comfort in the spacious clubhouse.

We had a great time and will definitely go back.

Craig Horan

See less See more
#2 ·
I have shot there a few time in the previous months, Bart and Kyle are running great tournaments with great targets. They take an interest in their client base, will make a point to introduce themselves. They throw tower targets, which is a big plus since my local clubs don't. The club house is nice and has plenty of room so you aren't eating outside in 100+ degree heat. My son is 9 and decided he wanted to shoot the 28ga course, this would be his first registered shoot and the targets were set up to replace the state shoots so they were tough, he scored badly. Kyle was kind enough to follow up with me and check on how he was doing and let my son know that there was no shame in his score and that they were super tough targets. I plan to shoot as many of their shoots as I can.

Justin Stone

#3 ·
Absolutely agree with Craig and Justin! While Kim and I have shot there before, this was our first time under the new owners. Their commitment to improving the facility and catering to the shooters, is impressive. Targets were "sporty" but fair. Bart and Kyle, we will be back.

Now..., if they could just do something about the outside temperature and humidity in Texas in August...

Lee Tackett

#4 ·
Texas Gun Ranch is nice now, and Bart and Kyle have big plans to take the club to the next level.

As others have stated, the new owner and manager are making a point to meet and introduce themselves, and make sure the shooters are treated well.

A bit too far for me to join and shoot there regularly, but I'll participate in any NSCA event that my schedule will allow. It took me a little over an hour to get there from south Fort Worth. Not bad at all.

#5 ·
While I'm new to this sport, I love Texas Gun Ranch.

I've been a member there for years, shooting pistol and rifle, until I picked up Sporting Clays this summer.

What a blast! Bart and Kyle are transforming the club and treat you like family (better than some family...lol).

I shoot there 1-2 days a week. Getting some instruction and having fun!

#6 ·
Thank you for the kind words! All of us that are involved with Texas Gun Ranch appreciate your support of our events and those that are members.

We are a private members only club, but regularly have NSCA and benefit shoots that are open to the public.

We offer two 12 station sporting clays courses, and two 5-Stand courses. Stations are changed regularly so you will always be challenged.

It's our mission to treat everyone as VIP's when you're here. We want to know your name, remember you, and we're open to suggestions to make us better.

Check out our events calendar here: https://www.texasgunranch.com/events to find out our next shoot or class.

Our Friday 5-Stand is open to the public and members as a way to warm up for weekend events, learn more about the club, and socialize with like minded individuals.

Thanks again,
-Texas Gun Ranch

#7 ·
Thanks for the kind words from all. We love what we get to do everyday, and the people that we get to meet along the way are second to none.

Shooting guns is our product, but hospitality is at the core of our business. We want to ensure that every person who walks through our doors is welcomed, and enjoys their experience here.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Stay safe!

Kyle M Krowka
Texas Gun Ranch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.